Do some of these sound familiar?
- Someone in your family just doesn’t get you
- Holidays and family gatherings are stressful
- Someone in your family can’t get it together and needs to be cared for or bailed out
- Siblings don’t get along
- Someone’s behavior is inappropriate and embarrassing
- There’s conflict within and between generations
- Someone is estranged from your family
- Small hurts have grown into bigger problems
- Past trauma has been dismissed or never really talked about
Look forward to moving forward
Dysfunctional family dynamics really can change and true healing can occur. Stop replaying the same, tired scenarios in your family. Get ready to move forward.
Imagine how you will feel when you free yourself from dysfunctional family roles and:
- Settle disputes and arguments once and for all
- Put an end to petty squabbling
- Say what you’ve always wanted to say to a family member
- Clear up misunderstandings
- Establish and maintain healthy boundaries
- Have close and meaningful relationships that don’t hurt
Work through conflict and difference in a new way that results in true completion.
Recognize and respond only to what’s truly important. Learn to disregard the rest.
Find the confidence to clearly speak your mind, even if it’s scary.
Find your voice and make yourself heard and understood.
Stay in your own skin, know what is going on with you, and take care of yourself first and foremost.
Get clear on what you can really expect from others. Give your time and energy to the relationships that really serve you.